The Basics of Breast Massage and Hand Expression
- Our video demonstrates hand expression as well as basic massage techniques for breast engorgement.
- If you are having difficulty with engorgement, plugged ducts, or mastitis that is not improving, we offer in-office Therapeutic Breast Massage (TBML) treatment to help with immediate pain relief. Call to schedule at 216-291-9210 ext 123.
- For more details on the benefit of therapeutic breast massage in lactation please see our Research Page.
- View video – with Spanish subtitles
Mother Testimonial: That video just rocked my world! I have been doing hand expression soooooo wrong and this is baby #2. My way was so uncomfortable. THANK YOU for posting this! I think my babe is getting more from our nursing sessions now that I can get the milk flowing better!” T.D.
Other Breastfeeding Videos
International Breastfeeding Centre videos
- There is a variety videos on this website by Canadian pediatrician and lactation consultant Jack Newmann, MD, including latching, milk transfer, supplementing at the breast and cup feeding.
- View videos
Nancy Morbacher, IBCLC, FILCA
- This collection of videos primarily includes positioning and frequently asked questions.
- View videos
Hands on Pumping to help maximize milk supply while pumping
- This Standford University video shows how adding massage and hand expression to the pumping routine can increase milk supply. It focuses on exclusive pumping with preterm infants but also may improve supply when separated from baby due to work or other reasons.
- View video